Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Liebster Award 2.0

Hey everyone! Well, I truly have an extra special post for you today that I hope you will enjoy! I was nominated last night for The Liebster Award by Sarah at Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Lacquer. After reading up about it, I found out that it is a way to recognize new bloggers that have less than 200 followers in order to help spread the word about their blog. Basically, this will be a fun get-to-know-you post. I have to say, I am really honored to be nominated for this and I really hope you all enjoy reading today's blog! :o) 


 The rules are: 

1. You must post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. You must answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you asked.
3. You must then come up with 11 new questions and tag 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers to keep the ball rolling. No tag backs, however!

First up are the 11 random facts about myself:

1. My favorite type of food is Mexican! I could seriously eat Mexican food for every meal, every day and never get tired of it!
2. I have three pets: a 3 year old Brittany Spaniel named Roxy, a 6 month old Aussie mix puppy named Windy and a 3 month old kitten named Dexter and they are my babies! 
3. I attended the University of Central Florida in Orlando and I am a proud alumni! I am obsessed with my Knights!
4. At UCF, I majored in Event Management. UCF is currently the only school in the country with a B.S. Degree in Event Management, so I am very proud of my degree! 
5. I am OBSESSED with Friends. I think it is the best show ever on television and I own all of the DVDs and can quote almost every word of every episode!
6. I am also a huge Lucille Ball fan. I believe she was the greatest actress of all time and I own a bunch of collectibles. If I could meet anyone from the past, it would be her!
7. Like I said earlier, I love the Knights and I love football! I also play fantasy football every year and love doing that too!
8. I am a chocoholic. I loooove chocolate. If I could, I would always skip dinner and go straight to dessert. I could live off that stuff! 
9. I have recently decided to make my own nail polish line. I am waiting on all of my materials to arrive and am nervous about the venture but am confident I can be successful!
10. I currently live in Alabama and dislike it very much. I would love to move somewhere warmer and more lively. Charleston, SC would be a dream location for me! 
11. I currently have over 200 polishes in my collection and my stash keeps growing every day!

Sarah's Questions:
1. Is your favorite polish your favorite color too?
Surprisingly it's not. My favorite color is green and I tend to gravitate toward blue and purple polish. Although, I do love green polish as well!
2. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
Well, I would absolutely love to have a horse! But, if I could get really crazy I would either want a giraffe or a dolphin! How fun would that be?!
3. What is your favorite part about the holidays?
I love to decorate, so I always find a lot of happiness in that. But, my very favorite thing would be getting to go home and see all my friends and family that I haven't been able to see in a long time. 
4. Who was your biggest influence to start your own blog?
This is a tough question because there are so many blogs that have inspired me, but I am going to have to go with Chloe's Nails on this one. That is the first nail blog that I discovered and was completely obsessed with! Unfortunately, Chloe hasn't posted since April, so I don't know where she is!
5. Have you ever the left country you live in?
Yes! I live in the USA and have been to the Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Mexico! I love to travel! 
6. Would you rather read the book or watch the movie?
Okay, this is a tough question because I love movies and I love to read. But, I am going to have to say that I would rather read the book. I don't know why, but it always seems like the books are better than the movies!
7. What is your preferred genre of music?
Country all the way!!!
8. What is your least favorite part of your current job (or school)?
I would have to say that my least favorite part of my job is that it is not what I expected to be doing with my life. It is a pretty far cry from event planning and I hope to be able to get into that once my husband and I can move!
9. What is your go-to polish when you can't decide what color you want to paint your nails? 
I really don't have a specific polish. I usually just pick something blue or purple. 
10. What name(s) would you NEVER name your children?
I am one of those people who like unique (but not weird) names. So, I would never name my kids anything you hear a lot like Ashley or Robert. 
11. What is the last embarrassing thing that happened to you?
I honestly can't think of anything recently, but a couple of years ago I was shopping in Target and it had been raining outside. As I was leaving the store I guess I stepped in a puddle that hadn't been mopped up and I fell straight onto my butt. It hurt so bad that I couldn't walk right for a couple of days! I'm not sure if anyone saw or not because I got up as quickly as I could and ran to my car!

My Questions for the Nominated Blogs:
1. What is your favorite band?
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
3. What is your favorite nail polish of all time?
4. If you could meet anyone, past or present, who would it be and why?
5. What inspired you to start your blog?
6. Where is your favorite place to buy nail polish?
7. What is your favorite beauty product (besides nail polish)?
8. What is your favorite movie?
9. Do you have any pets?
10. What do you do as a career (or what are you planning on doing)?
11. What is your favorite sports team?

The nominees:
1. Muffin Nails
2. AnoNAILmous
3. Nail Junkie
4. The Nail Obsession
5. Belle Couture Nails
6. Sarah Lou Nails
7. BreezyTheNailPolishLover
8. Color the world with polish 
9. hellolacquer
10. Nail 4 Dummies
11. Lacquerlicious

2 comments:

  1. My favorite color is green too! But I own almost no green polishes lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! I'm going to try and do it tonight!

    ReplyDelete